Friday, December 9, 2011

More Poinsettias

I had been intrigued with how my paper looked when I would die cut a poinsettia to make a layered flower for recent cards.  I decided that I would attempt to make a card with the cut outs being the card in lieu of a layered flower.  I also remembered Jenny's CARD(one of my forever favorites!!)...so this was a card of many inspirations!!
 Layered with Poppy Parade paper and used Doodlebug chunky brads(cool how they come in 3 different sizes) and used Martha Stewart holly punch with red rhinestones and a sentiment from Hero Arts.  I then took the cut out dies and made this card:
Used some ribbon I bought at Michael's, bazzill silver paper,  and used the idea for the yellow middle from another stamper's card(but can't remember where...but WONDERFUL idea for a poinsettia middle) a die from Sizzix(flowers and branch) and a sentiment from Hero Arts which I stamped in versamark and white embossed. I put foam dots of different layers underneath the petals for added dimension(might not do well mailed, but will be sending to my mom and dad in a box with their presents:)!!  Just liked how it looked puffed up a bit...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. Two beauties. I NEED that poinsettia nestie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, did I say Gor.... well you get the picture :0)Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm swooning over this card Lisa....I'm going to have to CASE it for my Christmas cards too (that's two of yours now).
    I'm getting to really love white poinsettia's too because of this die!
    Your second card is just as stunning :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are beautiful! Isn't it nice not to waste anything?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classy and Beautiful I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love all of your cards, all of them. I just found this Spellbinders set today and now I know what I am going to do with it. Prepare to be CASEd :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I soooooo love this card Lisa, esp. in grey and white. Now I really NEED that poinsettia die too :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooops I mean't I love BOTH cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa