Sunday, December 4, 2011

One Layer Wednesday72...Variations on a Sentiment

I haven't been a part of a One Layer Wednesday challenge in FOREVER...and as difficult and super challenging as this week's challenge was, I was super intrigued!!  The challenge was:
1) use ONLY a sentiment stamp on your card...no other stamps or embellishments allowed!
2) use a NON-STANDARD size for your card
3) make at least two cards using the same stamp that vary something (color, type of ink, technique, placement of the stamp, size of card)
Susan's words, following her cards were what made this challenge possible for me:
Some of you may find this challenge particularly difficult because a single sentiment looks so excruciatingly clean and simple. Look for really interesting sentiments in your stash, and then think how you could make it even more interesting with colors, placement, shape of card. If you must, consider embossing lines to frame your sentiment, masking and sponging, using resist techniques, etc. Just don't use any other stamps or embellishments.
I started out not fully reading the challenge and made two standard sized cards, then cut one and left the other one...they will be at the end...here's what I made last night:
The Thinking Of You stamp is from Hero Arts.  The first one, I stamped with versamark and clear embossed.  I then masked above and below with Eclipse tape and sponged Black Soot distress ink over the sentiment.  I then scored two lines on top and bottom with Martha Stewart Score Board. This card and the next are 4"x 8"
 This one I stamped sentiment at same line of gridded acrylic block on card ...starting with middle sentiment and then placed part of same on either side.  Stamped with Taken With Teal and clear embossed each separately.  Dotted with black marker in between sentiments and scored on top and bottom.
This one was the one that I cut down...lol!! It is 4" x 5".  I stamped with versamark and embossed with black.  Then I punched 5 hearts with SU punch on typing paper, and placed over the sentiment....Susan did say we could sponge and mask???!!...No stamps were used in the making of these hearts...here is my scrap paper after I crumpled it and threw it away...retrieved it and unraveled to show you my methology...I'm funny!!!
T
This blue one is simply versamarked, white embossed and scored on standard sized textured bazzill card.
 Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. I love all your cards! It's amazing how adding some scored lines makes the cards look so elegant.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards as always, Lisa!! Love the white sentiments...they really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa, Love your cards, simple and clean, this is some challenge eh???? Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are all wonderful. I applaud your creativity in complying with the guidelines. I think my favorite is the second one. That would work for so many sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing. I am in awe of your creativity, especially the 'sponged hearts' on card 3. Great idea, and as you said no stamps were used. Love Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, I LOVE how you made your clever heart mask, and the drama of the black strip is so elegant and wonderful! Each card shows both your thought and your design skill. If I had to pick one, it'd be the second, though. That repetition of the sentiment works so well!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa