Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Yet Another Christmas Card

I made the holly panel for this card weeks ago...decided I HAD to finish it...so made the poinsettia today and have yet another card for Christmas!  It may seem funny, and I don't know how many other stampers are like me, but I don't really send many cards out at Christmas.  My daughters, and their friends  are enjoying many of my Christmas cards this year...I simply enjoy making them:):):)!!!
I made the panel with the holly using a sizzix stamp and die combo.  You stamp the image, then emboss it with the matching folder.  I put some sand colored ink on the inside of the folder before running it through...a technique that  Jennifer McGuire showed us in the Christmas Boot Camp Class some weeks ago.  I then used the layered die from Spellbinders for the poinsettia and Martha Stewart holly punch for the leaves.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts, versamarked and white embossed and the swirled background on the red card is a stamp I bought on ebay...it says JRL Designs on the side of the very large background stamp(all this time I had thought it was Stampin Up...go figure...lol!!) stamped with versamark for added dimension.  Put a glittery red stick on dot in the center of the flower...have some more cards to show you tomorrow, when the sun is out and I can once again take decent pictures:)!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Love the deep rich red complimented with the sand on the holly. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn...I nearly bought that emboss/stamp combo and now I wish I had of!!! Amazing card Lisa, the background is divine and so is the poinsettia....I love your creativity (swoon)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa