Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bordering Blue Birthday

I made a card today, for the Runway Inspired Challenge, but...and I don't think anyone has EVER done this but me, when I got the card done and compared it to the inspiration picture of the model's dress...well...my color was WAY OFF!!  Although I won't put this in the challenge, I thought I would show you the dress to show you how off I was:
  
I was attempting to make a card that mimicked the model's top with the squares down the middle of it.  I THOUGHT the top looked a little blue gray, and so my paper choice was retired textured Bordering Blue(never was too crazy about it for that reason...always looked a little grayish to me, but by itself   ok)...but thought...not too dark a blue with some gray.  Well..the inspiration dress is a very, very light gray blue and the bottom is more sky blue...I should have compared the picture to my paper before I began cardmaking...just goes to show you how off a memory can be!!  I decided to put it on my blog, anyway...and think of another card for the challenge.  Used Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Basics II and Birthday Basics(the sentiment stamped in Night of Navy).  Stamped with versamark and clear embossed one stamped panel...white embossed the other.  Used a 3/4" square punch and layered with chipboard...super easy, but I'm sure that thinking of another card for the challenge won't be:)!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,, It's such a pretty card though LOL If you hadn't said anything I think you would probably have got away with it LOL The light polkas lift the colour a lot :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's still perfect for the challenge Lisa, you used the photo as a jump off point and decided on the squares it doesn't have to be an exact colour match. It's such a fabulous geometric design..... great for guys and we know how hard they are to make ;0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great card, and I agree with the above, it's not that far off colour wise, and the squares are following the model's top, so it's still inspired by the photo. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely card whether you put it in the challenge or not. Perfect for a male. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa,

    I just found your blog and I love it.
    Had to follow you right away. ;-)

    Have a great day!
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! I did mine in bordering blue too!(and I entered it!) I think this reflects the inspiration really nicely!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa