Sunday, February 12, 2012

Less is More 54...One Layer Stripes

The challenge at Less is More, this week, is to make a one layer card with stripes!  Stripes...stripes...stripes...well did I stamp some stripes...but they're WHITE...hope that keeps me in the challenge, 'cause I kinda covered my card with em:)!!...
I first saw a card by Maile Belles (later in the post) with the complete set of Papertrey Ink Chevron stripes on a card, I decided to  use all the stripes on one block...and stamp them all, too:
I know, the ends of the stripes are hanging off the side, but this was the only "chubby" block I had, and being that I put the stripes going across the short side of the card...no worries, the hanging ends didn't even touch the sides of the card.  Maile had stamped in clear on a colored card....
but I decided to stamp in versamark, but emboss with white on a kraft colored card.  THEN...I chose a ribbon and found a Prismacolor pencil that matched the ribbon color(the possibilities for this idea are HUGE!!), and colored some of the kraft colored stripes with the colored pencil...just added some color:)!! The sentiment is Hero Arts (Find Joy).   Ran the card through my Big Shot with Papertrey Ink's Linen/Canvas Texture plate for added texture!!  Don't know what's going on with blogger, today...this post may be a little wierd...the whole format has changed and I am not adjusting too well!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

27 comments:

  1. Hola Lisa, what beautiful card!!!!!! Lisa, i love the idea and the colours, good job Lisa:d
    Have a nice week and a hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Lisa, this is simply stunning!
    Wonderful, wonderful card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, you are being an enabler again!!! I now feel that I NEED this chevron stamp!!! LOVE, ♥ ♥ ♥ this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, great idea with the stripes
    cathi from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card & great take on this weeks challenge.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card & the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa, This is beautiful, I love the colours and that ribbon is perfect. A wonderful card, have a great week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabby stripes and love the addition of the pink. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to use those chevrons! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh goodness, lisa!! love, love, LOVE your card!!! outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow..this is stunning. I love how you added the pink in there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Love the color combo and those stripes are fabulous. I love how you colored 'between the lines,' and that bow is the perfect finishing touch. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card Lisa! Simple design but just stunning to look at!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is fabulous Lisa.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. How striking is this!!! Gorgeous card Lisa and I love those colours together too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a wonderful card, is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is SO pretty. Fab colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome cardLisa
    Such precise stamping
    Superb

    Thanks so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great styish card, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simply stunning!! Love everything about this creation

    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a stunning card....like how you have used kraft card to stamp on....beautiful

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant idea and card Lisa, well done :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Simply stunning - LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is amazing! I love the pink and white (or should I say white & pink) on the craft with that gorgeous pink bow! You nailed this one, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your blog, every single one of your cards is a piece of art :) so is this one! Well done! xx Petra

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really love this LIM card! Well done!
    Greetings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa