Friday, February 24, 2012

Flowery Birthday Card

This is one of those cards that took on a life of it's own...started off with simple squares...added border squares...then punched flowers...die cut centers...not quite what I usually do...but ...sometimes different is ok:
I made this card with the leftovers from the latest Runway Inspired Challenge...the squares, that is...the rest...well, like I said, it took on a life of it's own.  I was convinced, though, with the dark colors which were TOTALLY more masculine, to me, that I COULD make a feminine looking card....I JUST HAD TO!!...Used an EK Success flower punch and the dot of the "j" from a Papertrey letter die for the centers.  The sentiment is also Papertrey Ink(Think Big Favorites #12). The paper is DCWV Shimmer matstack.   Here' a side view to show you the shininess of the paper...kind of cool:)...
Ok...I'm done for the day...hope your day is wonderful!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Just a REALLY cute card, Lisa! I love your use of the flower punch. I know what you mean that sometimes cards take on a life of their own and go a direction we had never thought of! super card!
    Cindy Porter
    http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on a roll wtih this color combo!! Great set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog and gave you a shoutout on mine today. http://yolanda-imaginemakeshare.blogspot.com/2012/02/cas-quest.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a "left-overs" card, this is a star in its own right! Love this. When I my Think Big Favourites #12 arrives, I might CASE this one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one too - I think that the colours are great and while using the same elements as the other two cards, this one has a more folk feeling due to the flowers and sentiment, which go together really, really well! You've had a very, very good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the squares with the flowers on them and that big Birthday sentiment is so perfect with them.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa