Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Less is More 55...Punches or Die Cuts

The challenge for Less is More 55...Theme is to make a card using Dies or Punches.  I must admit, I have been using die cuts A LOT lately...and I think my mojo was lost in my stamp piles...longing to just stamp, so my cards, kind of reflect my lack.  I really thought this would be easy, but I struggled.  I have 3 cards, only because I kept trying to make the ONE that I would absolutely LOVE...hmm...didn't happen...but I like them well enough...so that's why there are three cards...not because I was on a roll...but one man's lack could be another's inspiration...so here they are:
 I used circle nesties and Papertrey Ink paper to make circles...layered on chipboard and added Hero Arts sentiment.

Tried it in blue with A Muse paper and a Hero Arts sentiment that I masked and put into two lines, stamped in versamark and white embossed.  Used Papertrey Ink Canvas/Linen Texture plate for card and panel.
This card uses a My Favorite Things Kite Die and Papertrey Ink clouds and sentiment(Up, Up, and Away Sentiments).  Die cut the clouds a bit bigger so the chipboard clouds could sit in the clouds on the card.  Layered the kite and clouds on chipboard...the polka dotted paper is Stampin Up.
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. What brilliant designs Lisa.
    I think they are simply terrific...the cut-out background looks fabulous!
    Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so clever Lisa, the simplest ideas are usually the best!
    I like what you did with the clouds but not sure how you did it!
    Funny how you realise that your cutting more than stamping lately..... Something I'm going through at the moment too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh.. what a wonderful set of cards, lisa!! the card with the kite is super cute and the ones with the circles are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first two are so simple...but really pack a punch! Love that cute kite too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow .... love your CAS styling ... brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the graphic design on the first two and the cute kite on the third with the cut out clouds. x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa