Monday, February 6, 2012

More Aqua!

I originally made two cards for Less is More's challenge 5...a color challenge to use AQUA.  I put one of the cards up earlier today, but then decided to tear the second card apart, use a couple things and ideas from it and give it a makeover.  Here's my card and then I'll tell you what I did:
The first card had the flowers on a panel layered on the card...looked kind of choppy.  This morning, I had the idea, as my hand drawn stems looked a little bare to add a picket fence.  Only thing is I only have the Martha Stewart picket fence punch...a pretty small fence.  I had the idea to see if I could EXTEND the fence, so here's what I did(takes a little practice, so try on scrap paper, first!).  I measured a 1 1/4" strip of white cardstock and used the same technique that I had used with some other MS border punches last year.  HERE, in this post, I show you how I use the border punches for a different look...well...it works with the fence punch, too!! It gave me just the length I needed for my garden of flowers.  The sentiment is Hero Arts, the flowers are Papertrey Ink(Beautiful Blooms) stamped in versamark on Pool Party paper and white embossed.  I hand drew the stems and added a leaf from some stamp set...not sure of which one just now.  Added stick on nailheads to flower's centers and used stick on dots for the flowers to the card.  I like it better than my first attempt:)!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

23 comments:

  1. Very cute, looks like the little flowers are waving at me!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Brenda! It wasn't until I uploaded my card, that I actually thought that SAME thing...like the flowers are waving "hello"...how funny:)!! Hugs!!...Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. what cute flowers! beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful card, so sweet flowers, Lisa! You always know how to use the best colors combination combine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is fab. Such a pretty card.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely fabulous Lisa
    that picket fence is inspired
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is another stunner Lisa, I'm really impressed with your punching of the picket fence!
    It's gorgeous!
    Thanks once more.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. How clever is that fence, you're quite an ace with the punches :0)
    The flowers look so cute nodding their heads above the fence.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this pretty flower garden, Lisa! That fence is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I simply cannot view and comment on all the LIM cards. I don't' know how Chrissie and Mandi do it. I just browse and pick the ones I find most interesting. I'm glad I took a closer look at your card. I think it is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling flowers and picket fence :) You are doing a great job with turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, love the 3d flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa, you always rock these challenges! What a cool fence you've made. I love using my border punches like that!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful! and so neat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card Lisa :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful, Lisa. I love those flowers waving hello over the fence. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh WOW this is so gorgeous.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! Great idea to add the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so precious! Thank you for sharing... Beautiful card! Aqua is my color too....

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa