Wednesday, February 29, 2012

One Layer Wednesday...Almost!

I made this for the One Layer Wednesday challenge, but after finishing, discovered that, once again, I didn't follow the challenge's directives, so now it' just on my blog...waaaaa....
I used two stamps and two colors, and my sentiment was the same as one of the colors used, but I didn't use any masking...whaaaaaa.  the old olive polka dots are  one stamp, the celery  solid colored ones is the other stamp.  the stamps are from papertrey ink's Modern Basics and Inside & Out:Thanks stamp sets.  I kind of stamped the polka dotted stamp  a bit crooked and out from the line a bit, so did the same with all the rest. The cool thing is that this stamp can be so versatile!!  Textured with PTI canvas/linen texture plate.
  THIS was a thank you card that a friend sent our family...
When I saw it, I thought...."HEY, I have some stamps that kind of look like that card, so I versamarked the Papertrey set Stitches and Swirls and gold embossed(will try to get a better picture in the morning...both cards have a pretty gold shine) and then colored with Prismacolor Pencils.  Framed in gold and added sentiment and got:
Kind of fun to experiment, try new things...loved to color with the pencils....Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Even if it doesn't match the criteria I think it's a gorgeous card Lisa, I have just acquired that PTI set because I see so many yummy designs made with it...like yours :0)
    Fabulous CASE of the shop bought card, yours looks like a piece of stitched silk :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Lisa. I like you version much better than the store bought! And I think your first one is pretty neat too! Bravo (or is it brava?) Anyway, good job!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa