Thursday, February 9, 2012

Runway Inspired Challenge 5

I made a card, last night, for Runway Inspired Challenge 5 .  I finally LIKE the blue color on my  card for this challenge...now I just have some 'splaining to do with the other colors!  Here's my card and the runway model...and then I'll 'splain(I Love Lucy:)!!):

 The blue  color of the flowers is  her skirt...the buttons I chose were a bit darker, for her top...and the kraft...well white card didn't go...blue card was ok...but kraft well...I really liked it.  AND, as I looked at the model...the kraft could be her skin color against the blue...hey...works for me?!
  I decided on a glossy paper for the flowers, die cut with My Favorite Things flowers and sponged with Memento Summer Sky with a "dusting" of sponging of SU Going Gray in the middles.  Layered with 2 really thin layers of chipboard(used the packaging that goes around a huge package of Puffs Tissues from Sam's Club, have even used kleenex boxes...RECYLING at it's finest...I don't have to pay for chipboard...it can be found everywhere:)!!   I added Papertrey Ink buttons with floss and a sentiment from Paper Smooches.  Popped up some of the  flowers and the panel they sit on.  Wanted to show you the cool glossiness of the paper...no raised texture on my flowers, as I usually do, but LOVED the glossy, shiny look of these all by themselves...
Textured the card with Papertrey Ink's Linen/Canvas Texture plate....had to think a bit about this challenge...light blue is a toughie for me...but fun!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, did I say Gor..... LOL I love the whole card Lisa LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lovin these die cut flowers and the blue, white and kraft! I think you made the most logical choice. The models legs are definitely kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute, and I love your placement of the flowers. You have me cracking up about the model being kraft! Thanks so much for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out really pretty Lisa...worth all the effort you put in!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is SO cute! Love those glossy flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card, love the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super design. Love the funky flowers and great font on the sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa