Monday, April 2, 2012

Play Date Cafe 125...Black, White, and a Splash of Brown...#2

Ok...I just couldn't give up my quest to conquer the color challenge at The Play Date Cafe ...the challenge is to make a card using Black, White and a splash of Brown.  My first card was a quick thought...but I wasn't the happiest with my entry...so I thought of another.  I googled Black, White and Brown, pressed images, and came up with a moth that had just a splash of brown on his black and white wings.  This is not a moth, but the same idea...here's my card and the colors:

Here's the picture that inspired me:
You can click on the picture for a close up look at the brown on the butterfly's wings...I promise, it's there!!
I had the HARDEST time photgraphing this card to show the brown on the wings...IRL it's much easier to see....but my garden(with all it's weeds) showed the brown best!  I used 2 butterfly dies and flower dies from Memory Box.  Put the bazzill black from the cut out butterfly die back INTO the places that I wanted black and die cut another butterfly in brown and used the two little brown pieces from that cut out to put into the one with the black pieces...hope that makes sense??!!  I used vellum for the flowers and dotted some with stick on pearls.  The sentiment is Hero Arts.  A great challenge...thanks Play Date Cafe!!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Way to master that colour challenge, Lisa! Love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the colors Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful details Lisa! Wow, you put a lot of work into this. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Lisa! LOVE that dimensional, floral background, and your inspiration pic is spot-on! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just GORGEOUS! I love that you googled it and what a beautiful butterfly you found to CASE too!!! Wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see the brown. I absolutely adore this card. It is so stunning; a lot of work, but so worth it! A work of art.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa