Thursday, July 5, 2012

See You Later, Andy!

Andy Griffith passed away on July 3rd...he was a man who has brought such happiness and laughter to my heart and soul with his show.   I watch Andy whenever he is on.  We used to have a cockatiel that used to whistle the Andy theme...yes, I guess I'm a fan.   His home is about an hour from my house, and like so many others, I even went there looking for his house, on one of my visits to Manteo, NC(they also had a wonderful Christmas shop on Manteo:)!!).  I was later to find out that the very small community in Manteo was very protective of Andy's privacy and most likely, just like so many other seekers, I was told by the woman at the tourist information booth, that she had no idea where he lived.  I now think that she probably did know where he lived, but just wouldn't say .  Mayberry is a fictional place in a time gone by, that I still say would have been a community I would have LOVED to live in.  I made a card with a quote that is one of my very favorite, and found this snippet on youtube that shows this part in one of my all time favorite episodes...if you have 2 minutes...it's sweet!  WATCH HERE
Here's my card...
Used cream card stock, soft suede ink, the sentiment is computer generated, the stamp set is Papertrey Ink Through The Trees.  See ya later, Andy!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

13 comments:

  1. Sweet, Lisa, thanks for that - Bye, Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice tribute to an actor who has given so many of us so many happy moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tribute to Andy! His memory will live on in his shows. May those films never wear out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card remembering an icon that felt like family. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice tribute. I liked Andy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having launched my own three birds that poignant scene teared me right up. Sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you feel that if you met Andy on the street he would be just as kind and gentle as he was on television and in the movies? Your farewell was touching. Good-bye, Andy! See you in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJuly 06, 2012

    This is a touching tribute. Loved Mayberry, Matlock and the song "Waiting for a woman" with Brad. He was multi talented and a great guy. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes Lisa. Before I even clicked on the link, I knew which episode the clip was from. It's my all time favorite. My husband and I never tire of watching reruns of the Andy Griffith Show and Matlock. Thank you so much for sharing!

    Rest in peace Andy...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was one of my most memorable episodes. :') But then I also love the monologue "What It Was Was Football." If you haven't heard it, please check it out. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa I loved your post. And the video! Andy was one of my favorites too! Such a great show and I love watching it with my kids! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this post, too. I grew up watching his show and I've watched pretty much everything he's ever done. Just an all-around great person. He will be missed, but he's left an indelible impression on all of us, so he does live on. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to live in Mayberry too! I watch that show all the time, and this episode was sort of a tear-jerker. Poor Opie! Your card is just wonderful! You should frame it.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa