Thursday, August 23, 2012

Birthday Cards for a Music Group

I occasionally make cards for a music group that my mom not only belongs to but is also the secretary of and sends birthday cards to the members.  I used the same idea from a card I made over a week ago(this one I used a different sentiment from set adding the word "very"...the top stamped sentiment now looks like a better fit than my first attempt) and made 8 cards in 2 ways in a bunch of different colors..
The first four cards I made by die cutting the Happy (Sizzix Phrases, Happy) and layering it on white card stock...they were all pink.  The stamped sentiments are from a Hero Arts set(Many Birthday Messages) that I cut apart from larger sentiments in the set and put the "wishing you a very" together from 2 lines of a sentiment.  The next four cards I made with the same Papertrey Ink musical paper in different colors ...no pink... and simply die cut the sentiment from the white and layered and popped up against the musical scored paper.
                                                            BROWN
                                                           BLUE
                                                           GREEN
                                            and    ORANGE...  Super simple  and my mom will love that they are pretty flat for mailing!!   Now my mom should be set for a few months of birthdays..yeah:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

12 comments:

  1. What an awesome, awesome set of card! Love the music paper and the negative dies. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all of these! Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who makes the "happy" die? LOVE how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about that, Susan!!...it's a sizzix die,(Phrases, Happy),one of the thick dies. I've updated the post...thanks for asking!!:)...Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a stunning set of cards. I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic set of cards! I like the cutout ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your blog and signed up for email updates!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love what you have done with the card design. Will be doing my own version soon. I am inspired!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card! My Mom sends out over 100 birthday cards a year (I make most of them). This is perfect, I must find this die. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome cards๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
  11. how can I get the "Happy" phrase die?

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa