Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Martha Stewart Punch Used a Little Differently

While looking for some snowflake punches at the Martha Stewart site, recently, I spied a punch that had "potential".  Well, the review said great for a "guy" card, and thought..."Hey, that's wonderful!!"(and I still plan on making some man cards with it)...but wanted to try my 2 sided punch technique with it as well, and used it a bit differently.  Here's my card and the punch...
The punch has an emboss with the punch...super cool!!  I know...this is probably an old punch, but NEW to me:)!!  I made the black row with a 1 1/2" strip and the green and pink with a strip 2/16" LESS than the black.  You might want to experiment with some scrap paper to get it just right before you punch with your good paper.  Exactly how to achieve this ....I did on an older post...so if you're interested, you can check it out HERE(the 3rd card in the post). The sentiment is Paper Smooches.
Had to experiment a bit myself to get it just right...and it's not perfect...but close is great!!  The colors are all Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz, Chartruese, and black...the colors just made me happy:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

17 comments:

  1. I have some old MS punch similar to this... I'll have to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fantastic and so is the original card you did with this method. I definitely need to try this, and I might need this exact punch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the strips nestle together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour combo, very girly. Super technique with your punch. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color combo and the way you used the punch! You inspire me to use my own punches in a new and creative ways!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so simple and such a great design. I love every card you make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I have this punch! Never would have come up with your design though, it's smashing! Plus your color combo is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you did this. I must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card! The colours are great and the punch idea is divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You foresight turned out great. I like that they nest together, it really makes them pop against each other. I only have 2 of her small embossing punches, the jingle bell & cup of coco, and I don't like them at all. If it clicked to let you know it was done, maybe. It just feels incomplete when you punch. But I love your results.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Lisa your card is gorgeous! I have (had) that punch. I'll have to show your blog post to my friend who has it now =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So simple in design but oh so effective, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know this post I'm commenting on is from months ago, but I was just "surfing" through your blog and came upon this card and wanted to say thank you for this idea. I have this punch... it was probably one of the first MS punches I purchased. Like so many of my punches it hasn't gotten enough use. Now you have spurred me on to dig it out and use it!! The way you used it here is such a great idea!! I have been trying to look at my punches through more "creative eyes" lately, but I don't always succeed at that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the card it is gorgeous and the colors are awesome. But is it paper or felt. Beautiful work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Late to the party- great card- I have the same punch so I am thrilled to find a purpose for it. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa