Thursday, October 10, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch 49! Autumn...Second Spring


I am honored and thrilled to have been asked to be the guest designer for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!! Thank you so much, Chrissy and ladies for the opportunity to design with you this week!!  I LOVE sketches, but what I truly love about CAS(E) this Sketch is the simplicity as well as the wonderful diversity of the challenge sketches...clean and simple but with enough complexity in their design to keep you creatively challenged...CAS(E) this Sketch ROCKS!!
I am LOVING the leaf dies from Impression Obsession, and thought them perfect for this week's sketch!!    Here's my card and this week's  sketch...


I die cut the  leaves with watercolor paper and used distress inks, water and a paint brush to color the leaves.  What is so neat about doing them this way..really can't mess them up, and every leaf looks entirely different than the others...like real leaves:)!!  I layered each leaf and then placed the middle leaf "underneath" the other 2...a bit...like the sketch. The quote is a stamp  from Great Impressions...thought it's words and layout fit perfectly:).  Used Rustic white paper, a more natural looking white paper with little specks/flecks in it...thought it went great with leaves:)!!
Hope you will join in the fun this week...Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

13 comments:

  1. I have those leaf dies too - they are GORGEOUS! And your watercoloring makes them look real! Congrats on your guest spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I LOVE maple leaves (think it's a Canadian thing LOL). Great use of the sketch and a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being the guest designer at CAS(E) This Sketch! Your card is so lovely-- a perfect fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful inspiration Lisa!
    A well deserved GDT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beaut Lisa! I particularly love the 3rd leaf with just a little green remaining. Delighted to see you on CAS(E), CONGRATS Lisa.

    Mary Mac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your leaves look so real! wonderful colors! congrats on being the guest DT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with those leaves!!! They really do look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful leafy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your autumnal take on the sketch--those leaves are gorgeous! So exciting to have you as a guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally amazing! I adore this card and I'm so glad to have you as a guest designer this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your leafs, they are locking so real. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa