Saturday, October 12, 2013

HO HO HO

I have been having lots of fun with stencils!!  Simon Says Stamp has introduced stencils into their line, and the stencils from the Holiday Release are SUCH FUN!!  My card was made with the HO HO HO stencil...
I sponged the stencil with ink...and then tried a new technique...using embossing paste!  Embossing paste looks like a thick glue.  HERE is a video I watched, in case you should be interested. You apply it with a knife right over your stenciled ink...lift the stencil and let it dry...usually a couple hours...what's REALLY cool, it gives shine and dimension to stenciling....actually  made the letters darker and show brighter than just plain stenciled, easy and fun...LOVE!!! ...
 After the paste dried, I cut the words out and popped up on card.  The card measures 4 1/4 x 6.  Thought the black reminded me more of Santa than the original green card that I had these on...but could see these on a variety of colored backgrounds.  FUN!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Ummm...has anyone ever called you ENABLER before? They will sell out of this stuff today, I predict! Heading over to watch the video right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool technique on your fun card! Thanks for sharing the video :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a happy card. Thanks for sharing the video. I've never used embossing paste and now want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the effect you got with the embossing paste. I'm going to have to try that. Thank you for the link to the video.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa