Thursday, October 31, 2013

Sequins

A few weeks ago, my daughter and I made some Christmas ornaments like we made when she and my other children were little.  I have been seeing sequins on cards, of late, and I love sequins, but I have to say, this trend eludes me...not exactly sure why, but not seeing sequins as embellishments.  You may love sequins on cards and that's great, but I decided to use my "lot" of potential sequins I would use on cards, and pin them to a styrofoam ball with some sequin pins:):)...
We threaded some silver ribbon through the ball and then pinned away.  My daughter pinned her sequins with the curved side "in" and I chose pinning my with the curved side "out".  Ok...that's all I'll say about or you'll see of sequins:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you re the trend. Love the way you used them to make these ornamental balls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must admit I kinda like them on cards, too, but these remind me of gifts I made for all the aunts and uncles when I was a kid! I think I used a velvety ribbon for the hanger and as a bow tail on the bottom. My Mom still has one in her ornament collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on struggling to use them on cards. My nana makes gorgeous sequin fruit. She had my kids all making them this summer. Love your ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember we kids made them many, many years ago! they were really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. A must-try one day.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa