Sunday, October 20, 2013

Stencils, Paste, and Glitter

I decided to get some embossing paste...it looked like a lot of fun!  I'm sure there are other things you can use it for, but the reason I got embossing paste was to use with stencils.   Simon Says Stamp recently added stencils to their exclusive line and embossing paste is so much incredible fun to use with them!!  I will tell you, I was having so much fun, that when I visited the only stamping store in my area of Virginia (I think there are only 2 in ALL of Virginia) on an outing with my daughter a couple weeks ago, I picked up one brass stencil that I thought would make for a cool Christmas card.  I will tell you, I found it really hard to use embossing paste with the brass stencil.   The plastic stencils from Simon work wonderfully with embossing paste, though!!  I will show you the card I made with the brass stencil, but understand, it took me NUMEROUS times to get it right!!  The first card, made with the plastic snow stencil, I used it 3 times on 3 different pieces of paper...EVERY  TIME PERFECT!!  I am sticking to plastic!!  I bought glitter, too...my first glitter ever, because I HATE glitter...only because it ALWAYS makes a mess...but thought the embossing paste would look cool with glitter.  I used glitter on the snowflake on the first, and on the embossing pasted sentiment on the second card....enough talk...here's my cards...
 I used the fun snow stencil from Simon with the embossing paste, and glitter on the beautiful die cut snowflake (layered twice) from Simon, as well. The card is olive (peace) and poppy(joy)....googled colors:)!!   Here's a close up of both...
 The sentiment, from Simon Says Stamp, too, is stamped with versa mark and white embossed.

Ok...this is the card made with the brass stencil...loved the fun scripted Christmas sentiment...but it took me at least 6 to 8 tries (I lost count) until I got an image that wasn't terribly smeared. I thought, that for all that effort, I HAD to show my success...
 I used the embossing paste, and immediately sprinkled glitter over the wet paste.  Here's a close up...
I'm sure you will see more "pasted" projects in the near future!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. These are totally gorgeous! I love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I just put the stencil and paste in my SSS wishlist based on your card. I have been avoiding the whole technique - but I love your clean card with the simple snow and snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Merry Christmas card!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa