Friday, October 11, 2013

Striped Snowflakes

This new snowflake die from Simon Says Stamp is so much fun!!  I started off making ONE card with striped paper behind a snowflake...only thing was...I found things I wanted to keep changing a bit, and came away with THREE cards!!  I will show the order of my making, not my favorite order...if you leave a comment, I'd LOVE to know which one YOU like best!...
1.
 Loved the idea of blues with strips of white

2.
 LOVE the color combo of pinks with brown...even at Christmas!

3.
Decided to try the first version with NO white strips (think the snowflake shows a bit better with no white?) and a larger sentiment...hmm

You can play with a whole bunch of color combos...greens and red...green, red and white...silver, teal, carribean blue....multi color...just to name a few...FUN!!!  My favorite is the second, the pink...my daughter's favorite is the first one...well...that's why there's chocolate, vanilla and strawberry, right:)?!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

14 comments:

  1. While I absolutely LOVE all of them, my favorite is the third one for colour and the first one for the sentiment. Kind Regards, Dotty

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are truly amazing. Love the whole idea of stripes behind the snowflakes...clever, clever idea! I'm going with the pink/brown one as my favorite, (though I really like the blues too...). The pink/brown one reminds me, for some reason, of hot chocolate. Perfect for winter and snowflakes. Great cards! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I ordered this one too! Love these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these! I think the last one is my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looove that snowflake die!! Gorgeous cards. I'm with you on #2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful die!
    And all THE cards are super!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!
    Wie klasse - bin begeistert!
    So schlicht und so schön!

    LG, katrin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all three, but probably the third one the best. Nice combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredible! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this card so much that I pinned it and I re-created something similar. I posted a link to this on my blog www.cindyscreativecuts.com. Thank you for great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these. #3 is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this so much, I copied you shamelessly! Honestly, I just loved this card. Here's my attempt at something similar (I linked back to you, of course) http://mylittlecardcrafts.blogspot.com/2015/10/simple-snowflake.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked them all so much our little stamp group is going to make some like it to give to the soldiers in the VA hospital here in Tucson. My snowflake punch is not as large, nor quite as nice, but it will work. Thanks for the idea. I think my favorite is the last one with different shades of blue, but the pink and brown is very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This snowflake die is no longer available. Is there another one that is close to it?

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa