Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Adventure Begins

I purchased a Kelly Purkey die from Simon Says Stamp after I saw Laura Bassen use this die on a card, suggesting that it would be a great die (the cool sentiment) to use for wedding cards, and I thought that sounded like a great idea...who doesn't need ideas for wedding cards?  I put it away, but just had a different use for this sentiment die today.  My daughter Emma just got her very first full time job a couple days ago, and will start next Monday...I am so stinkin' proud of her, and thought these words PERFECT for a card to give her on her first day starting her new job!!...as with all new "things" in life, it WILL be the beginning of an adventure!!...Super simple, but fun!!!...

Die cut twice and adhered so the white panel is two layers thick...LOVE depth.  The die cuts the exact size you see on the card...sweet!!  Added strips of colored paper behind the letters and adhered the middles of the letters(perhaps the hardest part...patience with tiny pieces:):)!!).  Here's a close up...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely perfect for your daughter! I hope her new job gets off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card - and congratulations to your daughter. That die is super cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The double layer card makes such a difference Lisa...love the deep lettering and those fiddly bits are well worth the trouble they give us!! :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa