Sunday, January 19, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch 60...Pink Heart Flowers

I haven't joined a challenge in a while...here's my card and the sketch for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch...
 I used my Heart Flowers die from Simon Says Stamp along with some vellum and a sentiment from another Valentine release Simon stamp set...loving these stamps and dies!!  The polka dotted paper is from Michael's.
The only challenging part about this card was the polka dotted frame.  I used the My Favorite Things Rectangle Stax set to make the frame.  The width was perfect, but had to run the frame 1/2 way through my Big Shot from both sides to make it a little longer.  Not hard...just took some thought and extra doing.  LEST you think I left out the panel behind the main image from the sketch, I took my My Favorite Things Grosgrain Ribbon die and impressed the ribbon's lines behind the image from top to bottom of the card.  SO hard to get a good pic, but so visible IRL!!  Here's a couple close ups...
This one shows it to the bottom...faintly...

Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa
EDITED:  SO THRILLED...my card was a CAS(E) this Sketch Favorite this week:)!!!!

 Thank you so much ladies for the recognition...I am so very thrilled and so very honored:)!!  

20 comments:

  1. I love the way you used the sketch Lisa!
    Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't WAIT to get this die - you have been giving us some wonderful ideas, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so striking and gorgeous. You have loads of wonderful ideas and fantastic inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, congrats on becoming one of the Dirty Dozen. What an honor. Next I'd like to say that if I could be a clone of someone, it would be you. I simply love every card that you design! Like you, I, too, love rainbows and their colors. I wonder why I never thought to use them in the ROYGBIV pattern on any of my cards. You have inspired me and now I'm lovin' what I do. I also love the way you put a white layer on a white card base.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. just a fantastic card - have to pin this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Love Love!!! What a great idea to use this wonderful die for this week's CTS!

    I love that die and am so happy to already own it and think it makes adorable hearts!!

    As always, I always enjoy your work...your talent is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swooning over the polka dotted frame and just love the vellum sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely CAS, Lisa. Love the chocolate polka dots surrounding the die cut. Beautifully clean and crisp stamping on the vellum too. Wonderful Valentine card.

    Hugs,
    Susie Lessard ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this Lisa! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your take on this sketch and of course I love that die. The polka dot frame really makes the card. That grograin background is so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ordered that die last week and can't wait for it to get here. Love the card you made using it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so pretty! Love the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, I just love how you did the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how fabulous! I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, your card is so stunning. So CAS, but I love all the details. Great job. Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this sketch and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGSH, I love the grosgrain ribbon panel! It's subtle but what an awesome touch! Excellent work!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your sweet card!

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card. Now I have to figure out a way to make one close to yours. Thank you for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa