Friday, January 10, 2014

Color My Heart

I TOLD you that you would see the Heart Parade die again (I LOVE IT!!):):)...
This time, I cut off the hearts at either end , layered and stamped the polka dotted stamp in a variety of colors, then die cut.  The most INTERESTING thing I did on this card was in the sentiment:)!!  Here's a pic of the stamp set  from My Favorite Things I used, then I'll explain:
I originally thought to use the 5th sentiment down on the left side.  BUT...it  said, "you PAINT my heart happy"...and I DIDN'T use paint.  Then, I thought to look for the word "color" and found the 2nd sentiment on the right side which HAD the exact size and font , but said "Colors", so I cut it apart and put the "Color" in place of the "Paint"....oh how I LOVE to cut sentiments apart!  There WAS a day when it frightened me to no end to just think about cutting stamps a part...NOW, I do it almost daily:):):)!!!  So cool when you can achieve JUST what you want to say even if the sentiments you have don't...you just mix and match:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this! Fantastic die, and is going on my "needs" list. Love all the little polka dots too. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - I love that heart die. I really, really want that sentiment set. I have only ever cut one sentiment about 4-5 months ago, and my heart still pounds when I think about it. I don't know when I'll do it again - LOL!! I am, however, encouraged by your doing it so freely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa... I missed coming here,and being inspired by your beautiful work. But now I'm back and wow, not surprised to find another great card.
    Hugs
    Hannelie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another winner! What fun this card is with the polka dots inside the hearts! I just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First you bowled me over with the beautiful card and then you showed how you cut your sentiment. I've cut some but never done this fine of surgery. It came out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Love everything about this card. Ingenious idea for the sentiment! I admit to cutting my stamps, but with shaking hands lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this die cut looks amazing esp with the rainbow effect!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa