Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Heart Flowers

The new Heart Flowers dies from Simon Says Stamp is too stinkin' cute!!  I opted to pair it with a sentiment from Verve that I thought went perfectly with the flower hearts (yes, I cut part of the stamp off to make this card:):)!!)...
 This first one I opted for solid red hearts.  The cool thing about this die is that it comes with a hearts/stem die and then a die with 4 hearts...2 solid hearts and 2 with a folding line crease down the center, so you fold them and give the "flowers" a 3D look...so sweet!!  I layered several green stems/hearts and covered with red hearts over the green.   I chose to emboss the folded hearts which are adhered over those  red hearts with an impression plate for some texture without taking from the solid color...here's a close up...
 The second one, I was curious to know what it would look like with polka dotted hearts.  My daughter kept singing "Strawberry Fields Forever" when she saw it.  I know...it does kind of remind me of strawberries...but I DID like the polka dots...
 The polka dots were made by stamping with my favorite polka dot stamp for small images, the stamp in the Simon Says Stamp Cupcake Party set.  The red hearts underneath are solid red...only the top ones are polka dotted.  Here's a close up...
OK...this was so much fun!!!   Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

13 comments:

  1. Lovin' both versions Lisa! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you've done with this die, Lisa! It will be coming to live with me very soon, and I've pinned your dotty card for inspiration - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you make is SO sweet Lisa! My faves file is full of your cards! These are FAB too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! These made me smile! I love both of them sooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sentiment IS perfect with your growing hearts. Either plain or dotted, those cards are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo cute!! Love them both and way to flash the Verve sans the hearts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of them, but those polka dotted hearts stand out the most to me. Another great one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I need this die! I love what you've done with it to create this crisp clean card. I like the solid hearts better. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous cards, my favourite is the one with the polka dots!
    Karin x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them both, but will admit that polka dots make me happy! Great cards. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love thsi stunning idea!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa