Friday, September 26, 2014

Silver Celebrate

I have been in love with silver and gold, of late...love using silver and gold embossing powder!  I loved the CAS(E) this Sketch sketch this week, too...thought it perfect for an old stamp and some silver!!  Here's my card and the sketch...


I used this wooden/rubber stamp to make my card (it seems it might be retired, but found it on Amazon and is on ebay if you are interested)...
...I thought it would look perfect for the 5 lined sketch...only thing is when I added one extra star by masking and using my stamp-a-ma-jig, the five lines but only 4 stars just didn't look right, so I masked a bit more with my second attempt and liked having 6 lines and 5 stars much better!  I stamped with versamark and silver embossed.  I colored with Memento markers, the turquoise is Stampin Up, and glossy accented the stars.  The sentiment is from Penny Black and was die cut in white paper, layered, then pushed into versamark and silver embossed like the image, rather than die cut with silver paper, so the silver of the image and the silver of the sentiment would match:)!!  Here's a close up...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa
EDITED:  YAY...my Celebrate card was voted a FAVORITE this week...
Thank you so much, ladies, for the wonderful recognition...there were SO MANY wonderful cards in the gallery...congrats, too, to all the winners!!

10 comments:

  1. Love this!!! So simple but fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silver eb powder worked beautifully here Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Lisa!!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous, and I love that you saw the true potential of that stamp, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful interpretation of the sketch. The embossing is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever, crisp and sparkly. A wonderful take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card Lisa - love the colours and embossing. . . so nice to see a clean, quaint card like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is so fun! I love it! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful..... love CTS #94 attempts #1, 2, and 3!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful take on the sketch, Lisa! I LOVE the silver embossing!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa