Friday, February 6, 2015

Papyrus Inspired

When inspiration seems "no where to be found", I go to my computer files where I keep sketches and cards that REALLY inspired me when I put them there and find something that "speaks" to me. I found a Papyrus card tucked away  for a long while that I really liked, so I decided to CASE it:)!!    The Papyrus card was very similar, with colored strips, mixed with silver and black strips and a vellum stamped sentiment over the strips...I had found my inspiration:)...
I adhered the strips to a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of thinner card stock(to avoid too much weight).  I stamped, embossed, wrapped, scored, folded and adhered the vellum to the card and adhered the whole panel to a white card.  Took me a while to find a lengthy sentiment, in this case scripture, to fit the space, but thought it a perfect fit!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. That scripture verse really works well with your stripes! Great design, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you purchase the scripture verse stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cynthia! The stamp is pretty old, but I did find a bunch of them on ebay...here's a link to them:

    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xstampendous+shine+on+you&_nkw=stampendous+shine+on+you&_sacat=0

    Hope this helps:)...Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card. Great idea. I hate to throw away ANY card stock, and think your idea is wonderful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've inspired me to use all my scrap pieces of cardstock I have laying around! Your card looks awesome! I like how you put the sentiment on the vellum piece wrapped around the card. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, I really love your card. Its awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colored strips with the bits of silver and the vellum sentiment Lisa.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa