Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Change the Paper, Change the Look!

The new Thanks Scallop Border die from Simon Says Stamp's latest From All of Us release is so cute and makes some sweet cards...simple and easy...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! This die could be used in combination with other elements, but I initially thought of it as a stand-alone die!!   I think it is so cool how simply changing the cardstock used with a die like this one, can TOTALLY change the look.  The first of three I made using a rainbow of solid pieces of cardstock, die cutting the border and stacked on top of one another.
Here's a close up...

The second one, I die cut the border from a patterned piece of paper, and used a solid piece of cardstock under/below...
and a close up...

The third one, I used a piece of white cardstock, with a piece of pink beneath and striped black and white under/below the scallops...
Layered twice.  Oh how I love simplicity!!  Here's a close up...
I hope to make more cards with this die  later in the month!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! This die just arrived at my house, so now I have a die and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and fun cards Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards. Thanks for sharing. Hugs Lynne from OZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. All different but all so very cute. I love them all. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! I just ordered this die and love the variety you've showcased here. I especially love the pink, white and black card. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards! I especially love the black and white one. TFS. Daria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Lisa-
    I absolutely adore this card! I'm new to bloglovin', so I don't know whether I can ask a question here and get an answer. On the first card, obviously the orange layer must go all the way to the top of the card. What about the successive layers, lower than the orange? Do the yellow, green, blue and purple layers go all the way to the top of the card? If not, how did you know exactly how high to bring them up on the card? I really want to replicate this, but I can't quite picture it in my mind. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa