Thursday, December 10, 2015

Heart of Roses...Three Ways!

The new Simon Says Stamp Heart of Roses die is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!  It is a heart filled with pretty roses, I LOVE IT...and I made three cards to show you today!!  This first one I die cut from white cardstock and removed all the pieces that were not flowers or leaves.  I colored the flowers with two shades of pink and leaves with green markers, then layered 3 plain white die cuts with ALL the pieces removed over the colored heart...
I popped up the layered heart on the card, using a Simon Says Stamp sentiment to finish the card.  Here's a close up of the heart...
 Love how it looked popped up on the card, giving it real depth...

 The second and third ones, I adhered acetate to a layered heart and colored the back of the acetate with markers.  I adhered the heart to the stitched panel, and popped up the panel on a white card, the first a 4 1/4" square...
 Here's a close up...wanted you to see the shiny from the acetate...

The third one,  and the second on acetate, I colored the acetate with red and a darker shade of green, and used a rectangular stitched die.  I used a sentiment from Paper Smooches.  A less curvy sentiment just seemed to go better with all the curves of the heart...
 Again, the shine of the acetate...
This was SO MUCH FUN...I have a bunch of die cuts on my desk, that I'm sure will see another card or two...thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. Love it! Especially the acetate ideas as those little pieces can be tricky to put back - I usually end up losing a piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these gorgeous cards Lisa and that die is so pretty:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Goodness! These are truly gorgeous, I love each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful die, and you've showcased it beautifully too with your CAS style, Lisa - definitely one for the top of my wish list! I hope you're doing well, sending love from Belfast, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love all of these and I think you have made the case perfectly why we All MUST have that gorgeous die, jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, your cards are all gorgeous! Love the dimension and the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is "stunning!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew you would love this one when I saw it!! I also like the one from Tonic studios with tulips and I used glitter glue to fill it in. Might try it on this one when they are back in stock. And try some of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa