Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Layering Leaves Thankful

I found and ordered the much sought after Concord and 9th Layering Leaves dies...another thing waiting for me when I returned from Florida:)!!  This set of dies has such amazing potential!!...
 I die cut and layered the stalks of wheat.  The bottom layer, I left the centers of the wheat in the die cut stalk, and I colored with sharpie markers in 3 shades of brown.  The nice thing with doing it this way...you can color outside the lines, because it's covered up when you adhere the other two layers over the top...

  
The sentiment is from Hobby Lobby, made by My Sentiments Exactly.  I tried a bunch of sentiments, and although the thickness of and the font itself may not really "go" with the die, I just liked it!!  Sometimes that's the thing that wins out over logic and sense!  I opted to keep the theme white with the touches of color in the wheat and sentiment...kind of liked it, too:)!  Here's a close up...
I DO have such fun...I Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful, crisp and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you do with dies, and I love the simplicity of this. White on white with texture is one of my favorite techniques. This is gorgeous and I think the sentiment style goes perfectly with the wheat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I absolutely love your work. Please may I ask what you use to adhere the three layers of die cuts together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mary Jane! I use Glossy Accents to adhere my die cut layers together. What makes this so much easier and less messy, is that I put my glossy accents into a little bottle with a fine tip(I linked them at the bottom of this post so you could see what I'm talking about). Make sure you also purchase some really fine, thin sewing needles, too, though. These bottles have a tip that closes them, but the glue still dries and clogs the tips, but a fine needle does the trick every time to unstick them. The inconvenience of ocassionally getting glue unstuck is well worth having the ability to use the glue in tiny places and overall, use less glue:)!! Hope this helps...Hugs!! Lisa

      Delete
  4. Great tip on colouring the centers, which also adds lovely dimension to your diecuts! A great CAS card, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Lisa, this is just so gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this card - white on white, font and sentiment, the wheat stalks - perfect, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! love those leaves! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never though of coloring and layering die cuts like this. Thanks for a great technique to try out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and great idea! I often double up my die-cuts, but I never thought to keep the bottom one intact so I could color it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa