Sunday, September 18, 2016

Thankful and Grateful

I LOVE the new Thankful and Grateful dies from Simon Says Stamp's Stamptember release!!  I knew when I saw them, I just had to have them!!  Today, I've got two simply made cards made by die cutting the sentiments from a 6x6 pack of patterned paper(the piece used for the sentiment was solid bronze color) that I got from Target while I was in Florida, and some white cardstock for the sentiment's background and for layering of the sentiments...
 The background panel paper is also from the same 6x6 pad.  Here's a pic that I took...it was $3...lots of pretty foiled papers...
I layered both the sentiment and it's background.  Here's a close up...
 Then, I did the same thing with the Grateful sentiment die and another piece of the patterned paper for the background...
 What I love about these dies is 1. their size...they can be a stand alone on a card...the image and sentiment in one are large enough and have enough heft and size to be on their own.  2. These dies have not only  the sentiment but a background/outline, too!!  Having both allows you to die cut a sentiment that "matches" the background paper, without blending in...the sentiment stands out because it is separated from the paper by it's background/outline.  The stamped sentiment for this card is a cut sentiment from a retired Simon stamp set, From Us...but there is an inlinkz pic below of the set.  Here's a close up of this card...
I have an idea for another card using these dies, that I hope to show you in the next couple days...I am having SO MUCH FUN!!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. I so enjoy your blog and cards that you make. These are stunning:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous, what a great find in papers -- and those dies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what fabulous papers! Gorgeous card you made with them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards & great papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple, but so beautiful, something that you always seem to WOW me with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful cards Lisa - went to my Target tonite and they had about 15 pads of that paper - I was so pleased to find it as it certainly makes a pretty, easy card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Betty!! It IS pretty paper...so happy you found it!!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful cards! Stunning work. Love the metallic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for beautiful inspiration...I myself purchased this same paper pad from my local Target last Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa