Friday, July 14, 2017

Floral Sparkle...Two Ways!

I used the pretty Simon Says Stamp Floral Sparkle die to make a couple cards!  The first one I combined the Floral Sparkle die with the Floral Burst Collage die...
I thought the Floral Burst Collage flower mimicked the flowers on the Floral Sparkle die, so I added a flower and then a sentiment from my much loved Thoughtful Messages set.  I layered the border die a couple times UNDERNEATH for some depth and added a striped panel underneath the panel.  OK...FUN...RECYCLE moment!!  I had purchased a small gift card for someone who watched noah for me, and this is the gift card holder...
Well...I opted not to use the holder, so it was just sitting on my desk.  I thought...hmmm...I like those cool little stripes on the top and bottom of the paper!!!  Cut in 1/2, it became two perfect card panels....now how cool is that????!!!!  So I cut it in 1/2 and used one on the bottom of the layered panel of Floral Sparkle borders...
Here's a close up...
The second card was made using some of the leftover die cuts(but made before I had the thought of the striped paper and this pic, or I would have used it!)...
I embossed the Sparkle die on a  piece of cadstock, and used my Memento Markers to color the embossed flowers and leaves.  You can be messy...what fun...
...cause in the end...you can't see the mess...
Super easy, fun and Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. Great cards and ideas. I admire your cretivity. You are such an inspiration. As I am fairly new in the craft business, I must ask you about the second card. When you say you emboss the die, does that mean that you use an embossing mat to stop the die from actually cutting?

    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kerstin and Debra...you got it!! I have a Big Shot. I layered: an embossing mat, the cardstock, the die, the other mat, then an acrylic block on top...an impression of the image without cutting through the cardstock! Hugs! Lisa

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for taking the time to explain. I have now ordered embossing mats ...

      Kerstin

      Delete
    3. Thanks much! I'll order the embossing mat today :)

      Debra

      Delete
  2. I was hoping to ask the same question as Kerstin. How do you emboss without cutting? Thanks much :)

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried to order that die a couple of days ago and sadly it is out of stock. Your projects with it have been gorgeous! I WILL be successful in getting it one of these days. Great job on the strip recycle. Isn't that fun when you can do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards. Such great fun when items can be recycled. I think us card makers are all a tad alike in 'hoarding' things we think we can use for our creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful! Thank you for sharing them and the details.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa