Saturday, July 15, 2017

Thanks Sew Much

I used some retired button dies from My Favorite Things (that's what happens when you let dies stay unused on your desk too long😞) to make a thank you card...
I die cut the buttons, layered, then put two layers of glossy accents on them to give them the look of shiny buttons!  I then used some twine, and threaded the buttons.  I used a Simon Says Stamp die to make a swervy pattern to follow the buttons on the card panel...
I chose to use the new Simon Says Stamp Script Thanks die as the sentiment, but it just wasn't enough.  I chose to computer generate an addition that would GO with the buttons..."sew much"...only thing was...I tried and tried, and it just didn't look right.  Lots of cardstock went through my printer on a quest for the perfect font and size, and cut strip.  Look at all my "tries"...
I had wanted to put the "sew much" on pink cardstock, but it just...didn't...look...right.  So I opted to simply print the "sew much" onto a white card panel...and that felt and looked right to me. I used one of the striped recycled papers for a side border (I used one on yesterday's card).   Here's a close up...
Just a note...although these button dies are no longer available, I've linked, below, to some different button dies that you could use in lieu of the ones I used on my card!😊
Sometimes, clean and simple can be lots of messy and full of trial and errors...LOTS of redos...not so simple, to get to the final product.  But, no matter what, this was so...much...fun!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Wow, tolle Karte! :-)

    LG, katrin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rainbow cards are always so wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. The buttons look exactly like real buttons. One can never go wrong with rainbow colors. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa