Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Simon Says Make Your Own Background

wed-newchallenge-header
It's Wednesday...and it's time for a new Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge!!  I am thrilled to be a guest designer for another challenge this week!!
  The challenge this week is: Make Your Own Background
The challenge is showcasing Lawn Fawn products, and although not necessary to enter the challenge, if you have Lawn Fawn products to use on your cards, that would be wonderful!!
50dollar_voucher_600px
The winner of the challenge will be given a $50 gift voucher to Simon Says Stamp...sweet!!!

I made my own background with a set of Lawn Fawn border dies, Stitched Borders, that I embossed a number of times diagonally across my white cardstock.  The borders came attached, and I have not cut them apart, so it was very easy to emboss the four borders, and then move them all (the one piece), to emboss another four...
I then adhered a rainbow of cardstock strips together, and die cut the Lawn Fawn "thanks" die.  I layered the sentiment and added another Lawn Fawn sentiment from the Pizza My Heart stamp set.
I added some Tonic Jewel Drops for a little bling:)!  Here's a close up...

Such fun...who knew making backgrounds could be so much fun and be so easy!!
You have until next Wednesday at 8am (EST) to join the fun and create something amazing for this week's challenge!  
Hope, too, you will get connected to Simon's Wednesday Challenge if you're not already...a great way to stay inspired!! You can see what the amazing design team has created for this challenge by clicking the link above.
         
Simon Says Stamp
Thanks so much for stopping by, hope you have a great week!!  Hugs!!  Lisa
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

11 comments:

  1. It is fantastic Lisa, love the bold colours against the white x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Lisa! Love the subtle stitched stripes and the more bold ones repeated in your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely card. The subtle embossing with bright sentiment is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide which I like best; the beautiful background, the colorful die cut, the clean placement of just a few items--oh I like the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. REALLY love how you used the LF Stitched Borders, Lisa! Beautifully done! So happy to have you guest designing with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Lisa :-) I love how you used the border dies to create the subtle background pattern, perfect with the rainbow sentiment! I really love this!! Its a stunner!! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your rainbow word and what a great idea to emboss with dies, must try it.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the POP of rainbow on a textured monochromatic card, Lisa! It's so pretty and HAPPY :D

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool to create a background with border dies. Just love the clean and simple look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is super cute1 I just love the background! I have some border dies, I can't wait to give it a try. Love the all white background with the pop of color on the die cut THANKS!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa